A grand boxwood maze once grew in the lawn east of the Schoolhouse. The “Ghost Walk,” a Boxwood-lined path, still exists today and marks the grand dimension of the former Boxwood maze. This maze had over 25 twisting and turning corners and flowering accent plants. Sadly Boxwood Decline and other fungal disease killed off the original plants in the 1900’s, save for a sole surviving lilac bush. Family resources that might have fought the Decline at that time were devoted to fighting the plan for Route 288 which was originally intended to run through the property.